Saturday, April 23, 2011

To a Fresh Start

One-liners have never been my specialty, so starting this off might be a little rough. I've been thinking of starting a blog for a while, and now that I finally have free time, I figured I would start it up. That, and I don't want to work on my research papers. Somehow I can't bring myself to work on them, seeing as I'm home on break. Being home seems to ruin my academic productivity every time. Now that I'm here all I want to do is drink iced tea, watch movies, decorate my cooler, and catch up on my reading. The only reading I've done lately has been by Plato or from the most agonizing of all subjects, Chemistry. As much as Plato is enlightening, I really just want to read a book that won't make my brain scream. And well, I love Chemistry when I get it, I really do. But currently it is kicking my rear and home is where I go to get away from that pain.

So that brings me here: starting a blog.

This past year has gone by in the blink of an eye, and now I find myself wondering where all the time went. And while I wonder where the time went, I find myself struggling to remember all the great things that have happened. So today I vow to document all the fun I'm having, because as my mother has been telling me lately, "These are the best years of your life."

So here's to a fresh start, to remembering everything, and smiling every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment